Goodbye 2020! Are you ready for a new mindset? Start Strong, Successful and Confident by Planning for Success!
Harrowing and hurtful, I sat in my counselor’s office week after week, doing the hard work of introspection, inquiry, and eventually, transformation.
The pain often came not merely from my childhood, but personal sin I uncovered in the process.
Self discovery was a difficult diving expedition into my soul’s depths.
I didn’t want to unearth those unwanted treasures, but:
We can’t replace what we don’t know needs repair.
The trash I found became the treasure of transformation.
Most of us think we know ourselves, but when we lean in, the Holy Spirit reveals unknown truths to transform us into Christ’s likeness.
We all… are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit, 2 Cor.3:18.
After decades of pit-dwelling, the most compelling words keeping me from falling back in are, “Yes, Father.”
Fear, shame and unworthiness were the loudest voices in my head; I don’t want to go back!
So self-reflection—time in His presence for the purpose of transformation—has become a regular practice.
Step 2- Planning for Success in 2021!
As we begin a new year, what rhythms and systems are crucial for you to successfully implement and maintain the non-negotiables and hopeful habits you carefully crafted last week?
God’s Word has much to say about this.
“Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.” Mark 1:35
Jesus communicated with God on a regular basis. He knew the secret of successfully fulfilling His purpose and mission while here with us—time with His Father.
Apart from spending our life with our Savior, we will never experience the freedom, joy, peace and purpose He promises.
It’s that simple— if we want transformation, it starts with Him.
Here are a few tools keeping me close to my Shepherd:
- A Bible Plan – Whether it’s YouVersion App, or Pray.com, planning time with Jesus is paramount! YouVersion has multiple plans, or have the Bible read by James Earl Jones on Pray.com!
- Prayer Journal for Women – this simple, inexpensive gem has transformed my prayer life—it keeps me consistent and focused on what matters!
2. “O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list,” Psa.40:5a.
God Himself is a planner! He doesn’t react; He acts.
And psychology is confirming what God foreknew.
Research “discovered that what pulls desire out of you and turns it into real–world action isn’t your level of motivation, but rather your plan for implementation.” James Clear
When planning, there are necessary tools for development and implementation—my favorites being:
- Dream Planner keeps you organized and, “…helps you build margin, reduce distractions and build a God-focused schedule. This is not just about what you have to do, (but) who you want to become.”
This is my 2021 planner.
- Faith and Focus 90 Day Planner “Designed to be the first thing you pick up… and carry with you… it takes just 5 minutes to be intentional with how God is going to work through you as you accomplish your goals instead of wandering through your day.”
It’s a truly transformational combined planner and journal!
- Gracelaced Planner “This… planner offers space for… your days and what you value most. With monthly gratitude checklists… each day provides an opportunity to build a firm foundation on God’s Word and work in your life.”
My daughter uses this lovely planner.
Having a plan will help us wisely, patiently navigate the interruptions and stressors typically turning our days and emotions upside down.
This week, grab a journal and start soul searching with Jesus. Next, discover your best resources and begin using them 3-4 days a week.
Then meet me back next week for Step 3—I am excited to share tips and resources for finding purpose in your planning!
“We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps,” Prov.16:9.